At The Legal Team, we understand that picking the right entertainment lawyer can help make or break your career. Regardless of what your role is in the entertainment industry, there are many legal issues that you are surrounded with. As an entertainer, you are both a brand and a business. Every entertainment industry client brings a unique set of attributes to whatever deal he or she is involved with. It is important to protect yourself to the fullest extent possible. As such, we are happy to offer potential clients an initial consultation to help figure out if we are the right fit for you.
The Legal Team is a Miami-based law firm that serves the legal needs of the domestic and international arts, nonprofit, and business communities. We handle litigation, real estate, entertainment, nonprofit, corporate and business matters for musicians, actors, dancers, visual artists, record labels, talent agencies, theater companies, and professionals working throughout the creative and tech industries.
Our attorneys have expertise with a wide variety of legal issues related to media, entertainment, recording contracts, royalties, and trademarks.
- Represented an experienced Emmy Winner Show Director with a demonstrated history of working in the broadcast media industry directing shows like ‘Annual Academy of Country Music Awards’, ‘Mira Quien Baila Univision All Stars’, ‘Annual Latin Grammy Awards’, ‘Premios Lo Nuestro’, ‘Premios Juventud’, and others.
- Counseled a full-service one-stop production, creative, recruiting, and staffing agency for television productions, musical video productions, press junkets, and corporate media events that have over 30 years of experience offering their services to Univision Networks, NBC Universal, Telemundo, HBO, HBO Latino, CBS, MTV, Nickelodeon, B.E.T., Bravo and other networks.
- Successfully negotiated to end a management contract on behalf of a Venezuelan/Mexican actor and his management company so that he could receive a better deal for a Netflix show.
- Represented a successful Chilean writer in selling her script for a series to NBC Universal, including language for a chance to sell them a second season of the script and a potential payout if the series is sold to other networks like Netflix or Amazon Prime.
- Counseled a Spanish singer with albums nominated to Latin Grammy Award for Album of the Year and Annual Grammy Awards as Best Latin Jazz Album.
- Counseled a popular Chilean TV presenter, best known for his participation in The Viña del Mar International Song Festival and Enamorandonos USA.